Wednesday, August 15, 2012

A Re-gift Beyond Words

First of all...no grand baby yet!

The lovely bed cover
So, instead, I spent this Due Date enjoying breakfast at Elmer's with my Aunt, Uncle and Cousin.  What a fun time we always have.  Catching up.  Talking about stuff.  Always laughter. I love my family.

Upon my arrival, my Aunt said to my Uncle, "Show Sandi what you have down by your feet."  Uncle pulled up a medium sized cardboard box.  They had just moved 40+ years from their home to an apartment.  In the process, they packed this small box which Uncle handed to me.

Me, around 1959


I held the box as they told me it was from my Dad.....a gift to them from 1959.  I recognized it immediately.  You see, my Dad crocheted this bed cover.  His mom, my Grandmother and a great Aunt also added a few squares.

My heart melted as the puddles formed in my eyes.

A re-gift beyond words.

I just had to share.





1 comment:

  1. Grateful for the time spent with you, grateful to see a gift return & give joy!
    Love you ~ L.

    ReplyDelete