Saturday, February 4, 2012

A Gift of Grand Proportions

This week we received the much anticipated news....we are to be Grandparents!  Me, a Grandmother.  Friends already blessed by this title assured me it would come.  I know - and I believed them.  The waiting is always the test of patience.

I'm seeing my own baby girl - all grown up - wrapping her own thoughts around this new life within her.  My daughter - a mother.

How did we get here so fast?  Was it only 27 summers ago when our fourth child joined our growing family?
Always the quiet observing child, she loved on her big brother, just 13 months older....remaining pals all these years.  She loved to hug and snuggle.  As a budding young woman she enjoyed children.  At age 10 she became a "Mother's Helper", slipping into the hearts of a family, learning important skills to carry her through to her young adult years. A swim instructor patiently encouraging fearful children to put their faces in the water, a swim team coach pushing just enough so as to celebrate new goals reached, a Math teacher in Central Asia, a Jr. High leader to kids that stole her heart...until that special "Someone" entered her life.

How quickly time flies...how did we get here....so fast? I can scarcely wrap my brain around it all.  A Grandchild....nestled in my daughter's protective body.  Now, she will carry the next generation into our lives.

The Bible holds one of my favorite Psalms...

Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD,
the fruit of the womb a reward.
Like arrows in the hand of a warrior
are the children of one's youth.
Blessed is the man
who fills his quiver with them!
He shall not be put to shame
when he speaks with his enemies in the gate.

I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth (3 John 4)




No comments:

Post a Comment