Saturday, March 17, 2012

Wandering

It was said, "Not all who wander are lost."   
(J.R.R. Tolkien)

Maybe - but I wonder....
It seems I'm on track,
But, somehow I've become disillusioned.

In the not so distant past - or, has it really been longer than I realize? -
Life was filled with ideas and purpose - sometimes too much, I suppose.
New wives and mothers today, I marvel observing their young lives -
They are about what I used to be

Where did it go?

There's new roles to fulfill in this awkward season
There's wisdom gained and insight to be shared
There's also new challenges and the harsh reality - I'm not getting younger

The energy level isn't what it used to be
The desire to experience new things has waned
To venture out on my own is pretty much non-existent
Oh - where has "me" gone?




No comments:

Post a Comment